Skip Navigation

UK Visa - from a country not your own

Travel Forums Round the World Travel UK Visa - from a country not your own

1. Posted by Buttfish (Respected Member 298 posts) 8y


I was wondering, has anyone ever applied for a UK Visa in a country that is not their own?

I'm Canadian, but was thinking of getting a visa for the Youth Mobility Scheme (Tier 5!) in Australia (in a month or so), if possible. I found a UK Border Agency or such pdf rulebook something or other, and it said that one COULD do that, and there were three points you would have to pass, such as that you're allowed to be in that country, etc, etc, and that you should be there 6 months at least...things like that. But everywhere else I turn, I don't see anyone that actually did it.

Out of curiosity (borderlining desperation), has anyone done it before?

Thanks a lot,


2. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 8y

I'd doubt that you'll find anyone who has applied this way before, as Tier 5 (including Youth Mobility Scheme) of the new immigration system begins on 27 November. Up to now people would have applied for the old Working Holidaymaker scheme.

3. Posted by Buttfish (Respected Member 298 posts) 8y

You make a very good point...I completely put aside the fact that it's brand new. Sorry and thanks!