Traveling the Rockies - i need advice on the areas stated, it will be easyer to understand if you follow my route on google earth!
The perfect route for me would be:
[b]1. Plane from london to calgary
2. I need to go east from Calgary to Rocky Navada Resort (70miles) (B+B on the highway 1) ADVICE ON HOW TO GET THERE, HOW I WILL FEED MYSELF ON THE WAY? DO I BUY A CHEAP BICYCLE, GET A BUS, COACH, PLANE? STOCK UP ON FOOD IN CALGARY AND GET OFF ON FOOT?
3. From the B+B making my way 40 miles EAST to canmore camping on the way, following the highway 1 still
4. Stay in canmore and fill my belly! Stay in canmore for a week or more ADVICE ON HOW LONG, then head off north eastish to BANff
5. Get a job in Banff, maybe meet other travelers, stay in banff for 2 weeks to a month ADVICE, HOW LONG OR JUST UNTIL IM FED UP THERE?
6. Head back to Canmore and stay there for a week or so, head back to calgary and get a plane back to london.
7. Get fish and chips, watch daytime tele and brag about my trip
So thats the trip i would like to persue, the problem is getting from calgary to Canmore in one peice, not starving to death and staying healthy (i really dont care how long it will take me)
It's tough terrain, im looking forward to camping in the mountaisna and forests, im going to prepare myself for the cold!
On a serious note, the above is a rough first guide to what i plan to do, i know it will be tough, and time consuming, i also know the weather can be un predictable and things can go wrong, which is why im seeking help from yourselfs!
FUNDS - how much will i need to take?
Plane Inbound to Calgary - 800 GBP
Plane Outbound to London -900 GBP
Food and Drink - 400 GBP
Accomodation (will be in tent most nights) - 400 GBP
Other (equiptment replacement, maps, souveneirs, travel [bus, coach taxt etc etc] - 300
TOTAL: 2800 GBP (5211 Canadian dollars) (4341 US Dollar)
Im assuming (estimate) the trip will take 4 months, although i will stay how ever long i want to stay.
Again, this is a starting guide, i need help organising what to take, were im traveling and what route.
I will post my final plans later on in the month.
I plan to travel aprox September/October time, what is the weather and everythign like there that time of the year.
Thanks for the advice everyone in advance