Go where you want, leave if you must.
Just remember; a trip to a touristic (touristy) place, can be just as rewarding as a trip to a far-off isle. In seeing what makes a touristy place awful - if you do find it awful - you know what to appreciate in other places.
eh...the grand canyon and the great barrier reef are both touristy but I'll be damned if they aren't two of the coolest things on earth.
I too can't understand people who miss the best places just because it will have a lot of people there. I onced talked to an American tourist here in Iceland that wasn't going to the Blue Lagoon because it's a tourist place.
The Blue Lagoon is unique in the whole world and your never going to see anything like it! Why would people not see it because it's popular!!
I too can't understand people who miss the best places just because it will have a lot of people there. I onced talked to an American tourist here in Iceland
The possible reasons:
1. Because they don't have enpough money. But won't admit it.
2. Becoz, they are trying to be cool. They like art films and alternative music and not pop music, even if its poetry based.
3. They are pretending to be an anthropologist and not just another teenager from Scandinanvia on some government funded holiday.
4. They think they want IMMERSE or get the Total immersion experience. But wait till nature calls, they will fund the construction of a western style TOILET on a UNESCO heritage site.
5. They don't want to see people from the country they escape from.
6. They forget that they are on vacation and a photo journalist for the national geographics or a cultural sociologist from Harvard University.
7. They want a total immersion experience, so they blend with local tribes as they walk with their platinum blonde locks and Khaosan Rd. tatoos.
8. Researching is one of their hobbies and they are one of the millions of people of high school diploma holders who day dream about publishing a travel book in the era of blogs and forums.