Found this online today. Thought some folks here might be interested...
COMPETITOURS is a team travel competition dubbed 'The Amazing Race For Regular People' by America's largest travel publication, National Geographic Traveler. The trip features a secret itinerary whereby teams of two compete to earn points by accomplishing a daily series of interactive, quirky and fun challenges while soaking in the diversity of Europe's people, culture and attractions. At stake, a grand prize worldwide travel spree.
- March 15-21, 2009 $875 per person ($950 for extra free day in Europe March 15-22)
- Pricing includes:
- airfare from New York-JFK to and from surprise European cities
- 5 nights double occupancy at European Standard lodging
- 4 day Eurail Pass
- eligibility to win grand prize: winning team shares a 7 night Marriott stay anywhere in the world plus $700 spending money
- 6-8 challenges for 5 days spanning 3 or 4 European cities; challenges test team abilities to be creative, resourceful, inventive, a bit zany, spontaneous
FYI just to clarify, this is a ;'dress rehearsal' trip that is smaller in scope and therefore price than our official trips starting in summer!
The British Isles are completely missing from the map. I smell conspiracy...
No Ireland/England was just a design issue.
Each trip may or may not include UK destinations!
Competitours has just signed up Amazing Race Season 9 winner Tyler MacNiven (and his Mom!)
as contestants. Imagine the bragging rights of being able to dethrone a bonafide reality TV
champion on his own turf...playing in a team travel competition...but the challenges are based
on being creative and resourceful, not speed and physical prowess.
I'm Tyler MacNiven, I won season 9 of the Amazing Race. If you want to race around the world without being a secret agent or Amazing Race contestant, than Competitours is the best bet. I've been itching for race-mode again so I signed up for a Competitours race this summer. I'll be racing with the fastest lady I know: my Mother. It is a magical experience to charge through foreign landscapes with intense, fun, and creative missions. Come race with us!