I've been trying to access one of my older blog entries in http://jcircle.travellerspoint.com/ and IE just locks up (using Windows XP, IE7. I tried several different entries, including some more recent ones and just have to shut down Exporer. Any ideas?
There is a known bug with the template that that blog is using. It affects IE7 in particular and does lead to browser crashes. We still haven't been able to work out what it is, although we've tried several times.
To avoid the problem for IE users, you could change the template for now until it gets the all clear.
On a positive note, I have now determined the 20 or so characters causing this crash. Unfortunately, I can't remove them without breaking the design. I'm testing some different things now, but it's rather a pain testing this bug since the browser keeps crashing
WOOHOO!! Just found a fix that doesn't break the design!! Now I just have to see whether it doesn't break the design in some other version of IE
Okay, tested this in IE6,7,8, Safari, FF and Opera and it seems all good so uploading change now. Please let me know if you still have problems opening the blog. The bug only seemed to occur on actual entry pages like http://jcircle.travellerspoint.com/41/, so not on the main view http://jcircle.travellerspoint.com/.
Great! Don't know what you did but it appears to be fixed now - Thank you very much!