Skip Navigation

Why do we do it?

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Why do we do it?

Page
Last Post
1. Posted by nath.m (Budding Member 4 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

For all my fellow antipodeans out there I have a question....

As there seems to be a proportionately large number of us heading off round the globe I would like to pose the following:

Why do you do it?

I'm looking for the obvious and the not so obvious... i.e. does it come from a sense of isolation, feeling far away from the rest of the world? I dare say there are plenty of answers so please throw them at me.

I traveled and do so seeking a sense of history. .. over to you...

2. Posted by musharoom (Budding Member 33 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

i do it because i think why not! :-)

3. Posted by sambo123 (Budding Member 45 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

i'm doing it coz i don't want to have regrets when i'm old. deep.

4. Posted by mdr (Budding Member 11 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

i am doing it because there is more to life than southport, (my home town) and since my brothers death I have realised there is simply more to life than doing the same thing day in day out

5. Posted by Nyssa (Budding Member 31 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

I travel to discover. Discover new cultures, new experiences, new adventures, new friends, etc etc
Also because I kinda feel internally driven to wander around lol, and because I feel I have nothing to lose but money - which is worth nothing in my bank account anyways. And also sometimes to discover what I'm capable of.

6. Posted by freemee (Budding Member 46 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

I do it because life should not be mudane!

7. Posted by Araluen (Respected Member 346 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

Because I can.

8. Posted by Cool Paul (Travel Guru 611 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

I just want to see what else is out there. I live in an age and a country that allows me to explore the world, I may as well take advantage of it.

9. Posted by jadeverell (Respected Member 255 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

The thing that really prompted me to go travelling was after watching a TV series called Globe Trekker on the travel program on Sky.
I have always been interested in discovering new cultures, foods and people etc, and this programme really got my taste buds wet.

I reckon about only 10% of my friends have gone travelling and when i ask the other 90% why they dont fancy it, they simple say it just doesn't appeal.....which i find very hard to understand.

10. Posted by cthong85 (Budding Member 36 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

because i don't want to sounds ignorant next time my grandchildren ask me something.