Skip Navigation

Working Holiday Visa for Americans??? (In England)

Travel Forums Europe Working Holiday Visa for Americans??? (In England)

1. Posted by Squarabara (Budding Member 58 posts) 7y

Hey all!!!

Just a quick question:

Been looking around for information to obtain a working holiday visa for England and I haven't really found anything useful. Someone told me that they think Americans can't get a visa for the UK. Is this true??? Any information is useful. Cheers!!!


2. Posted by bentivogli (Travel Guru 2398 posts) 7y

Questions about visa are best asked to the issuing authorities

Also, I'm pretty sure you'll find some information here.

[ Edit: Edited on 20-Mar-2009, at 01:51 by bentivogli ]

3. Posted by Hien (Travel Guru 3906 posts) 7y

The UK Working Holidaymaker scheme was closed on 26 November 2008, and it's been replaced by the Youth Mobility Scheme. United States is not a participating country for any of them. American youths used to be able to apply for a Work in Britain programme with BUNAC, but even that one has been closed at the end of last year.