At the moment I'm on a bit of a mission to put together a fabulous cookbook, to hopefully sell to all kinds of then happy and full people
The purpose of all this is to be a fundraiser for my uncle, who is at the moment very ill with cancer. He is trying a new treatment, as traditional treatments will only give him a life expectancy of 5 months. Unfortunately, this new kind of chemo is incredibly expensive and not covered by insurance, so the fam is trying to put together some different fundraisers for him. My thought being a cookbook.
I have no idea if they do this is other countries, but putting together a cookbook is a pretty popular fundraiser for churches and community groups here in the U.S. (especially in the MidWest.) I would like to put a little spin on it though, and try to include a good selection of recipes from around the globe.
And that of course is where all of you come in If any of you would be kind enough to send me recipes for inclusion in the book, I would greatly appreciate it. You can post it here, send me a PM, or send me a PM with a request for my email if you'd like to send it as an attachment.
The requirements/desires are this:
- In English please (I do speak/read some French, but I'm sure my translation would leave a lot to desire)
- Recipe including a list of ingredients (and possible substitutes if you think an ingredient will be hard to find, and you know of something else that would work in it's place)
- The type of dish (i.e. Appetizer, Entree, Dessert, Bread, Side Dish, etc.)
- The region or country the dish is from
- If you'd like, feel free to list if the dish is prepared for a certain holiday, time of year, etc.
- The person the dish should be attributed to (aka you, your mom, etc.) (if you prefer to leave this off that's fine as well)
Feel free to use metric amounts, as I plan on including a conversion from Metric to U.S. measurements. However, if you've made it in U.S. measurements for some odd reason, then go ahead and include those too
If you want to send one recipe or if you want to send ten (speaking from personal experience - I'm sure my indecisiveness is know worldwide) I'll be very grateful for whatever is sent my way!!!!! Thanks