Skip Navigation

Manchester to Thailand to Australia WHAM BAM THANKYOU MAM!

Travel Forums Round the World Travel Manchester to Thailand to Australia WHAM BAM THANKYOU MAM!

1. Posted by Charlene_B (Inactive 23 posts) 7y

Hi Guy's!

Right here's the Situation! I'm getting married in Thailand in November and this is my plan!

Get to Thailand in November
Get married in Koh Samui and stay for approx a month
Fly to Sydney to work for 6 months
Fly to Perth to work for 6 months
THEN! either get residency and stay in Oz or come home if i cant do this!

Now i dont have a clue what type of ticket i need or where to get them from or how much i'm looking at needing!
I know we need visas for Oz which are approx £133 each but thats all i know.

Has anybody ever done this type of trip before and if so any advice??? I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED!

Thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posts 2 & 3 were removed by moderators
4. Posted by jadeverell (Respected Member 255 posts) 7y

Quoting Charlene_B

THEN! either get residency and stay in Oz or come home if i cant do this!

Hi Charlene,

Congrats on getting married, i'm sure you will have a great time.

One bit of advice i will give you is to do ALOT more planning about your plans for OZ. You can't simply enter the country on a WHV and get residency (If it was that easy, Oz would be flooded with people. Its not like the Uk where they allow every man and his dog to enter). This normally occurs after living/working in Oz (as an oversees resident) for 4 years.
If you work for a year and want to stay longer, you have a few options:

Either, a) within your first year WHV you need to do 3 months seasonal work (i.e. apple picking etc) so that you can apply for a 2nd WHV and stay an extra year
b) Manage to get sponsored by a company on a 457 visa, that will allow you and your partner to remain in the country for 4 years as long as you are working.

You should also be aware that if you intend to live here on a 457 visa, you will not be able to buy a house before you become a resident. Only rent/flatshare.

I would suggest getting a single ticket to BKK, travel Thailand (get married etc) and then purchase a flight over to OZ. Alot of people normally purchase a RTW ticket, with the obvious intentions of travelling around the world. It works out cheaper than single tickets but unfortunately expires after 1 year, so wouldn’t be much good to you if you intend to work.

Good luck


5. Posted by Charlene_B (Inactive 23 posts) 7y

Thanks Jade thats a real help,

Are you living in Oz? Apple Picking sounds great, i'd love to do that inthe sunshine! better than sitting at a desk!

So it sounds best if we get the years working visa and do some manual labour then go from there.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a flight to thailand, then a open ticket to Oz so we can fly back to the UK if we have to.
Or will it be best just getting one way flights?

I'm really excited now i hate england! x