Skip Navigation

British to USA to Canada to USA to Mexico and back?-Papers??

Travel Forums North America British to USA to Canada to USA to Mexico and back?-Papers??

1. Posted by minijmoore (Budding Member 9 posts) 7y

minijmoore has indicated that this thread is about USA

Hi, been looking at the greyhound site, it says something about needing papers to travel into mexico and come back out, same with canada I think.

I'm from Britain, so I do I need to obtain something to allow me in and out of borders? I Don't wanna go and get myself stuck in a sticky place.

Thanks for any info, Ta.

2. Posted by kevandshan (Full Member 142 posts) 7y

CBP might get a bit fussy about leaving and re-entering if you are not a US resident/ citizen.

Recent changes mean that US residents cannot travel outside of the US by land borders without CBP documents (this previously was not the case).

Call you local US embassy and enquire. They may have to apply for a visa to allow you to leave and re-enter. You are probably fine on the VW program, but always best to be don't want to be stuck in Mexico!

3. Posted by rob_harvs (Budding Member 20 posts) 7y

when you enter the US as a british citizen they give you 90 days holiday visa. Now you can leave the US and enter canada and then re-enter the US on the same 90 day visa you got on first entry but it doesn't re-set. So the time you spend in canada counts as time spent in the US. i cant remember the length of time you get in canada but its irrelevant if you plan to re-enter the US. there is minimal paper work for either country just make sure u fill in the online form for the US at least 3 days before you plan to enter! (only the first time, you dont need to do this for re-entry)

As far as mexico goes i dint make it down there so thats one for someone else...

[ Edit: Edited on 07-Jun-2009, at 13:07 by rob_harvs ]