Skip Navigation

How can I tell what England's Universities requirements are?

Travel Forums Europe How can I tell what England's Universities requirements are?

1. Posted by lissthis (Budding Member 9 posts) 7y

lissthis has indicated that this thread is about England

I'm trying to figure out what the "pre-reqs" are for University of Brighton, University of Sussex, University of Manchester, University of London, etc. I'm not so sure how to see if what I have done in my U.S. University will transfer, or even if I would qualify for that school. Is it written differently? Or if I'm just having a hard time finding it? If there is anything you can do to help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.


2. Posted by bentivogli (Travel Guru 2398 posts) 7y

It took me two minutes to find these...

A general advice (I work in university in the Netherlands, and deal with these matters on a regular basis): contact the institution of your choice to find out. As the quality of US degrees varies wildly from one institution to the next, it is almost impossible to make general statements about requirements.

3. Posted by magykal1 (Travel Guru 2026 posts) 7y

There is a public body in the UK that has the purpose of assessing what international qualifications are equivalent to - They do offer a service where you send them details of your qualification and they send you an official letter telling you what they consider it to be equivalent to in the UK. However given that universities aren't under any obligation to take any notice of this, you might be better off doing as Niels suggests and sending the individual institutions your details.

4. Posted by bentivogli (Travel Guru 2398 posts) 7y

It's good that Rob mentions NARIC. The UK branch is part of a worldwide service, whose portal is

The site contains a lot of information relevant to your query.

[ Edit: Edited on 16-Jun-2009, at 03:35 by bentivogli ]