Skip Navigation

Help with Australian Visa

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Help with Australian Visa

  • 1
  • 2

Last Post

11. Posted by angelcaz22 (Budding Member 38 posts) 7y

Hi guys

Thanks for all your help on this topic, i am very grateful.

Can you advise me some more on the following:

1) How can i set up an Aussie bank account, and should i do it in the UK or Oz?
2) How do i get my Aussie national insurance number?

Kind regards

12. Posted by lornaaa (Budding Member 10 posts) 7y

You can set up your account when you're over there. Apparently you can just set it up on the day.

Tax number you can apply online, i was given this address: But think you need an oz address for it, so i guess if you apply for it before you leave the UK and know where you'll be you could give those details.

Should do the visa through the proper immigraton site, stil got the same forms to fill out either way!

Although im going to totally contradict all that by saying im not doing it myself and going with ozintro. haha but thats more for the week of people/experiences than not having to sort out the tax stuff out cos reading other forums, it can all be done quickly and also i guess lets you get to know the area a bit by going into the banks etc!

13. Posted by carl101 (Budding Member 9 posts) 7y

quick question. Does an australian working visa cover you for NZ aswell?

14. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4929 posts) 7y

Quoting carl101

quick question. Does an australian working visa cover you for NZ aswell?

No. New Zealand has its own working holiday scheme, though.

15. Posted by carl101 (Budding Member 9 posts) 7y

Thanks for the heads up Sander.

This may sound stupid but im not planning to work in NZ (travel only for 6 weeks) so would an Australian Working vosa cover me for travel only, or i would i need to get a seperate visa?

16. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4929 posts) 7y

You won't need a visa. New Zealand has free entry for travellers from "visa-free countries" for a period of up to three months, as long as you have a ticket out of the country again.

(Btw, for future reference, it's really better to start a separate thread for such questions, as the original poster in this thread might have turned on email notification, and so these posts could be continuously pinging him.)

  • 1
  • 2