Skip Navigation

visa expiry-schengen visa

Travel Forums Europe visa expiry-schengen visa

1. Posted by muzzy247 (First Time Poster 1 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

ok i need some help here a friend of mine came from USA and went to amsterdam and was given the schengen visa and stayed there for couple of days and then left to belgium ad entered UK and as US citizen was given 6 months visa..he overstayed his visa by more than 6 he wants to go back to US, the question is if he manages to leave uk with out a any problem, would he be able to any schengen country for example Belgium wen he enters belgium will he be given schengen visa again for couple of days to enter the country from uk or would there be any problem and when leaving the country would there be any problems or is there any other country he can leave from to go back to usa without any problems..apart frm UK coz they already stayed their visa.....because technically they have left schengen space and entering again but from UK and also they will not be staying long...plz i would realy appriciate ur help as my friend is planing to leave soon to enter belgium or some other schengen country, should they recive any problems on entering, i want to warn them to look other alternative ways..thank you in advance for ur help...

2. Posted by bentivogli (Travel Guru 2398 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

Do something about your grammar. Your question is close to incomprehensible, which is rude behaviour towards the people you are to turning for advice.

First things first: from what I heard, your friend will not be able to leave the UK without problems. He will get stopped and fined, and is quite unlikely to be readmitted to the UK anytime soon

As for Schengen: if he hasn't been on Schengen territory for the past 91 days, he could in principle enter for a stay of maximally 90 days as a visa-exempt US citizen. However, it is not unlikely that the British authorities will inform their Schengen colleagues about his violation of visa conditions, and that the Schengen countries will not admit him because of that. Anyway, if he gets admitted, please tell him not to overstay this as well: the consequences when caught (and caught he will be) are dire.

And a piece of free advice: do not try to violate the terms of your visa in Europe. The authorities do not take kindly to that kind of behaviour, quite rightfully so if you ask me.

[ Edit: Edited on 03-Aug-2009, at 00:33 by bentivogli ]

3. Posted by coldwarspy (Travel Guru 1108 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

i have an opposite opinion. I have overstayed in the UK and never had trouble. They dont check when you leave. unless by some strange chance the pull him/her/urself aside and check. But again, might just be bad luck. dont worry about it.

And overstaying in europe, i never had trouble either. What your doing is fine. Leave the UK, they wont check. enter belgium you get a 90 day stay.

in the end i agree, dont overstay. The UK is not in the 90 day zone, so ur ok to enter Europe again.
to be safe, you can always leave from Bulgaria or Turkey, as they are not in the zone.

4. Posted by Neil.Seng (Budding Member 9 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

I have talked to a lawyer in the US

I am going back for 3 weeks to apply for a student visa


he suggested (wasn't 100% sure) that I could apply for a professional card

I do not wish to hold a job but I wish to look into a profession weather your paid or not does not matter

any one know about this professional card (not sure thats what its called)

and my vision of my profession is being a football player I am in a program with a YTS youth training system

meaning that the professional team has youth teams and they take kids from the youth level to the professional level

when they are ready and have been under specific testings

5. Posted by t_maia (Travel Guru 3290 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

Neil, read the sticky thread on top of the forum.

There was no need to hijack a thread not related to you and your problem.

Either write a new reply to your old thread or start a new thread.

6. Posted by bentivogli (Travel Guru 2398 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

And it's not the first time, either.

But, Neil's post made me aware of something potentially sensible that Jeff suggests to the OP: to avoid the risk of the UK authorities notifying their Schengen colleagues, he could make a detour through another non-schengen country, prior to entering the Schengen area.

Sounds amazingly simple, yet afaics it might actually work. What do you think, maia? Worth the effort?

7. Posted by t_maia (Travel Guru 3290 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

What do you think, maia? Worth the effort?

If he is really in the system - no.

Let`s not forget that the UK might not have signed the Schengen agreement, but they for sure have agreed to share information and cooperate in all ways possible. Thus it means that the UK immigration authorities also have access to the SIS.

Post 8 was removed by a moderator