Skip Navigation

Working Visas?

Travel Forums North America Working Visas?

1. Posted by tonester09 (Budding Member 3 posts) 7y

tonester09 has indicated that this thread is about Canada

Hi there,

I am an Aussie looking at travelling to Banff in October and wanting to find work over Winter. While trying to apply for a temporary working visa it says I need a job offer from an employer. Do I need to find employment before I can obtain a working visa? Does anyone know how this works.

Thanks :)

2. Posted by Lugor79 (Full Member 70 posts) 7y

Well, if you are between the age of 18 and 35 (I think.. maybe 30...). You are eligible for the Working Holiday Program visa. Which means you get a visa that allows you to stay and work in Canada for up to a year. You do not need an invitation letter for this visa. I did some googling, the closest page I got was this:

However, it makes me a bit suspicious, as I when I got my Working Holiday for Australia I got it off a page. I'd do a bit more googling before applying through that site.. it may be legitimate... but better safe than sorry. Hope this helps.


3. Posted by tleb (Full Member 117 posts) 7y

Are you an chance a decent snowboarder or skier? If so you can easily contact a ski resort and apply for a job online. Then they will guide you through the process.

That would probably be the easiest way.

4. Posted by tonester09 (Budding Member 3 posts) 7y

thanks guys, i will google a bit more :) not a good skier although i hope to be by the time i come back!

5. Posted by j3nn1f3r14 (Budding Member 60 posts) 7y

I worked in ski resort in canada last winter, there were loads of australians, apparantly if your aged between 18-30 its really easy to apply for a working holdiay visa, you can just get a job when you get there, arrive in october/november when the resorts are hiring!

6. Posted by tonester09 (Budding Member 3 posts) 7y

thanks heaps, i found it! its the Working Holiday Program. Found it through the Canada government website. :) yay