Skip Navigation

Travellers Express

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Travellers Express

1. Posted by charli3309 (Budding Member 16 posts) 7y

Hey, recently claimed my taxback through T.E and they charge 99 dollar fee which is fine. But asked about gettin my Super back and its the same fee! Thought it would be all included. Since I only did farm work for a short while, I will hardly get anything back after the fee. Any way at all you can claim this for free?? Maybe by dealing directly with the super companies??



2. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4895 posts) 7y

You should be able to do everything yourself (could've saved yourself that $99 for getting your regular tax back as well). See this page on the website for a good starting point. I've never needed to do this myself, but it looks like the most important thing to know is where your money is (e.g. is it in a fund, or was it paid to the tax office?), and from there on it's just filling in online forms on the ato website.

3. Posted by charli3309 (Budding Member 16 posts) 7y

thanks Sander! thats a great help. Wish I had known I could of got my Tax back free to! Never mind, live and learn!