Hi im looking for some feedback on a decision i'm trying to make...please help!
Ok so here's the deal....i'm stuck in this dead-end job where i am basically miserable, to the point where it has seriously affected me. The company itself is doing very poorly and its a matter of time, i'm guessing, that we'll go under. The job itself is not a "dream job" of mine. In fact, i don't know what i want to do.
Well, i have been aching to get away, not just for a week or two, but for an extended period of time. I'm really intersted in trying out Australia for a year but am in a sticky situation and don't know if now is the right time. I don't have a whole lot of money saved up and i have about $6000 in credit card bills to pay off. So, I figured the best thing to do would be to book a trip to AU first then if i liked it, come back and quit my job and move there after i've had enough saved up. So i booked a tour for two weeks in the beginning of November to see if i like it. I've been talking to some friends over there who think i should just get a working visa and stay because they're convinced i'll love it. Now i'm debating whether or not i should just quit right before my tour starts, with the little money i will have (about $3000), or if i should just see if i like it and if i do, come back, save some money (maybe get a bonus check at the end of the year) and then move out there early next year.
Sorry if this seems confusing, just trying to give some background info so you get a feel of the situation. What should i do??