Hello people. my 1st post on here. need help regarding travelling aus, im goin with my girlfriend around jul 2011 jus over a yr n half. thinkin on takin around £6500/£7000. would that be anough to last around 3months? we have a few options to get around:
1. Buy a campervan and travel in that.
2. Buy a car and a tent sleep in camp( is it safe to do?
3. Buy a train ticket and sleep in hostles
which would be the best was to do it and save as much money as pos?
1. campervan option is common, takes time to buy and sell, more expensive on fuel and purchase cost of vehivle.
2. car and camp option, we did this a few years back, there are many roadside places where you can stop for free that have a tiolet and fireplaces (provided to ease driver fatigue in areas where it is a long way between towns). If you are on the east coast all beaches have showers. There are also caravan parks where you pay to stay, check prices via the internet. Some of these are dire (council run ones) as they double as cheap accommodation for those just off skid row, they can be noisy at night.
3. trains in australia do not have good coverage and are expensive.
I would thnik option 2 would be cheapest.
cheers for that. £6000/£7000 enough money inc flights?