Skip Navigation

Australian applying for the UK mobility visa from in Canada

Travel Forums Europe Australian applying for the UK mobility visa from in Canada

1. Posted by stewraz (First Time Poster 1 posts) 7y

Hi there,

a question that it seems no embassy can answer is this:
if i am an australian citizen, i have been told that i can be in canada and still apply for the youth mobility visa for the UK. the only information that i have been able to CONFIRM is that yes i can as long as i am allowed to as long as it is in the capacity other than short term.

so the question is simply, DOES the working holiday visa count as "other than short term" i am very dissapointed as nobody has been able to give me a YES or NO.

any help is much appreciated. please please let me know ASAP

2. Posted by BedouinLeo (Inactive 698 posts) 7y

You might want to look around the forums for T/P moderator.. 't_maia'. A true expert on answering your visa question. Just send t_maia a private message and you'll get a reply quickly.
Good luck.

3. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 7y

Looking at this page on the UK Border Agency website it has this to say about what you're asking.

You must provide all supporting documents with your application, as we will not use any evidence given after we have received the application.

You can apply for permission to come to the United Kingdom at a post in a country you are not a national of, even if this is not your normal place of residence if:

  • the post can take applications to the youth mobility scheme; and
  • you can show that you are allowed to stay in the country that you are applying in; and
  • your permission to stay in that country was for more than six months