Skip Navigation

Visas! Help!

Travel Forums Asia Visas! Help!

1. Posted by astod (Budding Member 3 posts) 7y


I have seen all the posts about Visas but I am still a little confused.

I fly into Bangkok and fly out of Singapore. I am there for one month. Do I need to sort my visas out before I go?

From the posts that are already on here I think I can get a social visa when I arrive in Bangkok. But I will be travelling through Malaysia to do I need visas for there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,


[ Edit: Edited on 05-Dec-2009, at 09:25 by astod ]

2. Posted by lil_lil (Travel Guru 462 posts) 7y

1) What's your nationality?
2) How long do you plan to be at each of the country mentioned?

3. Posted by astod (Budding Member 3 posts) 7y

Sorry would have been helpful to give that info first!

I am a British citizen and I fly into Bangkok and then fly out of Sinagpore exactly a month later.


4. Posted by lil_lil (Travel Guru 462 posts) 7y

British citizens are not required to have a pre-approved visa to travel to Malaysia and Singapore. You will be given visa (stamps in passport) accordingly as you cross the borders.

5. Posted by astod (Budding Member 3 posts) 7y

Brilliant! Thanks for your help! And Thailand I can just get a social visa on arrival?

thanks again!

6. Posted by bex76 (Moderator 3742 posts) 7y

Yes, you can get a visa on arrival in Bangkok.

7. Posted by wildfk (Respected Member 459 posts) 7y

OK - just to clear up the comment by the mod above - you do NOT require a visa on arrival, nor will you be given one.

As a British passport holder you are in one of the 40 plus countries that do not need a visa to enter the Kingdom -

you WILL receive a stamp allowing you to stay for 30 days if arriving by international flight. - this is not a visa.

if you arrive by LAND - you will receive a 15 days stamp.

there are signs at the airport for "visa on arrival" you do not need this just go to immigration control, join the line and present your passport.

PS - At present 60 day tourist VISAS can be obtained free (plus admin fee), but these must be obtained BEFORE you arrive in Thailand from any Thai consulate or embassy.