Skip Navigation

visa on re-entering thailand????

Travel Forums Asia visa on re-entering thailand????

1. Posted by danny21108 (Budding Member 68 posts) 7y


just a quick appears on arriving in bangkok i will be given a 30 day i need to have any forms with me or is it all done on going through customs...also i will be travelling up to the north then into laos and vietnam,then back through cambodia and into thailand...on arriving back at the thai border in cambodia what is it i will need to do..obviously i will need a new visa but what is the best way of doing thins...any advice would be very much appreciated...

many thanks,Dan

2. Posted by Curt1591 (Respected Member 230 posts) 7y

As a british citizen, you are allowed 30 days "without visa", upon arrival at thel airport.

But, when arriving at a border crossing, you will only be allowed 15 days.

Hopefully this timing will work for you.

3. Posted by danny21108 (Budding Member 68 posts) 7y

so all i need to do now is book my flight,get my injections and leave towards end of the month???on arrival in bankok with no visa or anything im automatically given 30 days,is this right or do i need to have filled forms in beforhand...then go off round laos and vietnam then what happens when i arrive back at the thai they then just provide all the relative forms and stuff there,we fill them in and then have 15 days....???sorry for sounding all abit maive and silly towards it all but i want to get it right so there no fook ups on route!!!!

thanks again,Dan..:):)

4. Posted by Curt1591 (Respected Member 230 posts) 7y

Thought I had replied, but here goes again....

During your flight, you will be given a very simple form, consisting of arrival and departure cards, to fill in.

I haven't entered overland, but I am sure the process is just as simple.

[ Edit: Edited on 30-Dec-2009, at 04:15 by Curt1591 ]

5. Posted by vegasmike6 (Travel Guru 3562 posts) 7y

I have entered overland, usually at the Koh Kong/Hat Lek border. Fill out the form, hand over your passport, get your 15 days entry permit. I talk about my overland trip from Sihanoukville to Pattaya via bus on my blog. Good luck with your planning.