Skip Navigation

Backpack cover?

Travel Forums Travel Gear Backpack cover?

1. Posted by Shocker_33 (First Time Poster 1 posts) 7y


I am looking for a cover for my backpack. The cover is made from a similar material to the rain cover but has a zip and a handle on it. People use them when putting the backpack on the aeroplane. They do this to protect the straps from being ripped off/damanged when they are in the aeroplanes and when the luggage handlers throw them on the carousel.

My girlfriend already has one for her bag, thats why i can describe it so well. Im now looking for one for my backpack but i have no idea what its called. Weve tried looking for the same cover as my girlfriends but we cant find it.

Its for a big 70-80 liter backpack. May one of you please help me by telling me what they are called?

Thanks in advance for any help!


2. Posted by K8ttie (First Time Poster 1 posts) 7y

Hi Shocker_33

I haven't used one before but came across this...

...hope it helps?


3. Posted by jlnemenz (Budding Member 11 posts) 7y

I´ve read people use a cheap light duffel bag for the same purpose.

4. Posted by sofe1978 (Respected Member 127 posts) 7y

Hi Rob

Check ebay (just search for backpack cover), we got ours from there a few years back and have exactly as you describe. Ours are black with a zip round bit you can fold back so it's a raincover or fully zip up for aeroplanes it also has handles. Ours have been used havily for 20 months now and although we'll need new ones for our next trip they've done pretty well considering they only cost around £5! ;)


5. Posted by amarula (First Time Poster 1 posts) 7y

Deuter make a transport cover that looks like what you have described.