Starting a round the world trip in Thailand in early September. Flying into Bangkok and will be in Thailand for a week before flying to Hong Kong for 2 nights, (whistle stop tour I know!!)
Would like some advice on where to go after Bangkok, I was hoping to spend a couple of nights at a beach, and see a temple or two in my nights away from Bangkok.
In Hong Kong, as I have a limited time would like to hear people's recommendation for a MUST SEE attraction. I know nothing of Hong Kong really, it is an extended stop over to Oz, but am willing to see what I can.
Whilst I'm seeking advice I might as well be cheeky and ask for any recommendations on hostels as well
Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer!!
For Thailand I would recommend spending two days in Bangkok. The Grand Palace and Wat Pho next door are must sees as far as temples go. For a bit of History I would recommend a day in Ayatthaya and even Kanchanaburi if you can squeeze it in. For the rest of the time I would go to Koh Chang or Samet which are the closest islands to Bangkok.
I've looked into all you've recommended on Google, the Grand Palace looks fantastic. That should keep me going for a week at least lol!
In Hong Kong, be sure to take the funicular railway up Victoria Peak, take a star ferry ride around the harbour and have a wander around the markets in Kowloon.
The list of the places you could visit in Hong Kong:
1. Hong Kong Disneyland
2. The Symphony of Lights (along Victoria Harbor), go there during night time
3. The Avenue of Stars (in Tsim Sha Tsui are, same location with Symphony of Lights)
4. Ocean Park, and ride the cable car.
5. The Big Buddha in Lantau Island (We haven't been there).
6. The Ladies Night Market (within Tsim Sha Tsui area also, near Mongkok
7. Mongkok (where you could buy cheap electronic gadgets).
8. The Peak (in Hong Kong Island), and ride the tram.