I'd really like to move out to somewhere with beautiful beaches and friendly natives. I've lived in central London for the past 13+ years and am finding it all a bit soulless (and cold!). I've enjoyed the time I've spent travelling in Asia and Fiji etc, especially when I get off the beaten track. I'd really like to go somewhere that is beautiful and sunny (I'm a real sun-bunny - can't stand being cold!).
Can anyone suggest where I should head for?
My priorities are:
- beautiful beaches and scenery
- cheap standard of living. don't need anything flash but would need running water etc.
- healthy living - lots of fresh fish, fruit and veg
- decent medical care if needed
- friendly locals
- work or business opportunities (I don't mind teaching, and have a lot of skills in business/admin/hr etc). Happy to run own business and think I'd do really well.
- Can get to "civilisation" once a quarter if needed
All suggestions would be really helpful! I've got a British passport and haven't got any money but could probably save a few grand if needed.
I have a partner who is willing to move as well, he's in packaging design but also would be happy to run own business. He's a grafter like me.