I am an Indian citizen and have been to Europe for a 3 months work permit (multiple entry Schengen visa).
I now need to travel there to see places and to meet people twice: in June and in September, for a month each.
Few things I needed to know, if someone can please help:
1. How long does it need to get the visa with a sponsor in Italy?
2. Can I apply for a fresh visa in case my June visa has expired?
3. I'm not yet sure about all the nations (all withing Schengen states) I'll be visiting. Is that OK?
4. Do I need a personal interview?
thanks a lot in advance.
1. Ages. The Italian burocracy is particularly slow, and Indian citizens are usually scrutinized very closely before being issued a visa. It's not very likely you will be able to enter as early as June, which is in 2,5 weeks from now.
2. I don't understand the question. A visa that has not yet been issued cannot expire.
3. I don't think this is a problem. Once you have been issued a C-type visa, your movement cannot be restricted: the authorities know this. Afaik, they don't even ask for an itinerary
4. If the embassy at which you apply feels a need for it, yes. This is not very usual though. The normal procedure is all on paper.
3. and 4. The Germans ask for an initiary and for an interview.
You get 3months work permit and you feel time may not be enough?
You need about 7 working days to get a scehngen visa provided you have all papers ready.
After the expiry of work permit, you can apply for tourist visa or get the work permit extended with help of your sponsoring company.
All countries are not in schengen zone..there are about 25countries in Scengen zone latest to join was Switzerland. So you need to decide where you will visit.
Personal interview is needed or not depends on the embassy/consulate official who decided after checking your papers.
all the best.