Skip Navigation


Travel Forums Europe Visa

1. Posted by L_eila (First Time Poster 1 posts) 6y

This thread is marked as being about Czech Republic

I have a US citizen child, 9 years old. My question is: can he stay on shengen territory more than 3 months without residence permit or not? If not, what will happen if he stays. thanks

2. Posted by Buttfish (Respected Member 298 posts) 6y

I know that if you stay in Germany for more than three months, you need to have get a visa to be able to stay longer. Likely it's something should visit the consulate or embassy of the country you want to stay in.

3. Posted by mpprh (Full Member 114 posts) 6y

A good analysis of the Schengen visa situation :

Long and complicated, I'm afraid !


4. Posted by t_maia (Travel Guru 3290 posts) 6y

What country do you plan to stay in? Is this child your child? If yes, what is your citizenship? Does your child hold EU citizenship too? Or just US citizenship?