I just bought traintickets from Beijing to Moscow, through mongolia. Has anyone experience with this trip? I purposely planned my trans-siberia the 'wrong' way. Is it true that you'll meet more chinese and russians aboard moscow-bound trains, than the other way? And where do you get your chow, on the platforms? Or are the trainrestaurants well enough equipped?
Other tips are welcome too, this is my itinerary:
- fly in to Beijing, three day's to cover.
- I'll have a week in Ulaan Baatar to explore the Gobi.
- I'll stop-over in Irkutsk for four day's, and my plan is to trek along the shore of lake Baikal.
- I'll have a day to spend in Krasnoyarsk (arrive early morning, leave at night), anyone any idea what I can do with my luggage?
- I'll have another three days to spend in Moscow.
Oh, I do speak a little russian, hope that helps...
Any advice, comment or other is welcome! Thanks a lot!