Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on Island Hopping from Penang to Langkawi and then on to the Thai islands.
I will be travelling up through Malaysia from 1st December this year and getting to Penang at around Mid-December. From there we want to get a ferry to Langkawi, and from Langkawi travel to Tarutao. Is it possible to get a ferry between Langkawi and Tarutao?? What happens about border crossing??
From Tarutao we want to island hop to Libong Island, Ko Lanta, Ko Phi Phi, Ko Yao and Phuket. Is this all possible from Island-to-Island?!?
Also, after Ko Lanta, would you suggest visiting Krabi? Ao Nang? Or anything else in the surrounding areas that are nice to visit and easily accessible?
Thanks for your help.
I have not done this route, but this blog might help answer most of your questions. I did not find Ao Nang much of a beach after visiting Railay. I would hit Railay Beach and forget Ao Nang.
Hi, this is possible for your to travell around all these island until you reach Phuket.
basically the route would be as follow :
1) Penang - Langkawi
2) Langkawi (the ferry terminal at kuah) - to Koh Lipe (chop exit at Ferry Terminal malaysia and chop arrival at Koh Lipe in thailand, there is a office in the koh lipe not far from the ferry terminal)
** remember don't go to Satun Thailand, there is one ferry dailly to Koh Lipe Thailand
3) Koh Lipe -- Koh Tarutao -- Koh Lipe
4) you may go around Koh Lipe island (nice place) with local long tail like Koh Adang, Koh Kai etc
5) Koh Lipe -- Koh Libong -- Koh Lipe ** too many detail to write here
6) Koh Lipe -- Koh Lanta
7) Koh Lanta -- Koh Phi Phi -- Phuket
Yes, it is nice to Krabi and Ao Nang As well.... but if you already travell thru the islands you only miss out few island in the andaman sea. too much to write down here as well