This is my first post here. (Second actually, I just answered someone's question)
I am going to Italy in January. I have been all over Europe many times before but I have just found out about these unbelieveably low cost airlines like www.Ryanair.com and www.EasyJet.com WOW What cheap flights, why travel any other way huh? Because this is my first post I might as well get a few questions out of the way. Please answer any or all if you can, thanks.
1. Is there any other low cost airlines besides the two I just mentioned above? Having more options is always nice.
2. From my experience, January has been a little cold and not too lively in Europe. Does anyone have any suggestions where I should go? I'll be there for 2 weeks and I want to hit at least 3 different countries. I like the bar/party scene so maybe Ibeza? I like hiking, sightseeing, castles, ski lodges but not skiing. I'll arrive in Italy to see my family for a few days, then we are going to that castle called Neuschwanstein in Germany, after that I would not mind going to...Spain? Scotland (My Girlfriends family lives there but I'm here to party mainly)? Sweden maybe? I am amazed that all I have to spend is $20 to go to any of these places... (I bought 2 drinks for me and my girlfriend in a club in Chicago last night for the same price...LOL)
3. Any nice places I should stay while I'm out and about? I bought my airline tickets for $300 roundtrip from Chicago and I am going to budget about $1,000 for the 2 weeks to stay at some nicer hotels or B&B's.
4. Any special events/festivals you guys know about taking place in January in Europe? (God I wish they had the Tomato throwing festival in January or the Running of the bulls because I always wanted to do that.)
5. Any places to avoid like any bad trips you had in some place?
I would greatly appreciate ideas on this. It seems that alot of the people on this site are either students that are travelling, or people like me that travel all over alot.