Hi, I am traveling to the USA & Mexico (Baja California) for over a month in October-November 2010. I need advice on car rental, hotels, night spots, restaurants, buying a GPS for road trips, things to do, etc. Any and all advice is welcome. I will visit most of the places listed below :-
New York City
Mexico (Baja California area)
Thanks and cheers
Okay, I'll give a little advice on some of these places:
(1) New York--Central Park, Times Square, Broadway, Guggenheim Museum, UN building, Wall Street, Little Italy, are all places worth going
(2) Philadelphia--I don't know enough about this city. Everytime I visit I only have a day to see the sights.
(3) Orlando--has lots of great amusement parks--4 Disney amusement parks, 2 Disney water parks, Sea World, Universal Studios Florida--and the Church Street areas are all wonderful to visit. About 40 miles east is the Space Center where all the moon launches and space shuttles took off.
(4) Miami--South Beach and the Fort Launderdale beaches are the places to be. There are also some unusual sites nearby--like alligator farms, the Everglades National Park, and its a drive through the "Florida Keys" to get to the next site:
(5) Key West--Never been all the way down the keys to Key West, but everyone says the place to be are the beach and Duvall Street
(6) San Diego--hang out at Mission Bay, go to the "Gaslight Area" of downtown, visit "Old Town", the San Diego zoo (best in the US) and the space museum in Balboa Park. Eat on Shelter Island or in nearby La Jolla. If here in the summer, go to the Del Mar horse racing track.
(7) LA--go to the beaches (Santa Monica, Huntington Beach, or Newport Beach). Inland visit the Getty Museum or the Huntington Library and Gardens in San Marino. Some like the Hollywood thing and the Universal Studios tour--or visit the original Disneyland in Anaheim.
(8) San Francisco--cable car rides, Fishermans Wharf, Little Italy along Columbus street, Chinatown along Grant Avenue, Ghiradelli Square, and ferry trips of the SF Bay or over to Alcatraz to tour the old prison.
(9) Mexico (Baja California)--either visit Rosarito Beach and Ensenada in the north--or else visit Cabo San Lucas in the south part of the peninsula. Cabo has become the preferred spot for many of the Hollywood celebs when they want to get away.
In Baja California there is so much to see and do. You can head over to the beaches of the Pacific or the Sea of Cortez. Go over to the Pine Tree covered forests in the national parks, party it up in Ensenada or head over to the many Hot Springs. It's all good. Try going with a community of people who also like to travel and backpack. I can suggest..