Skip Navigation

single or multi visa

Travel Forums Asia single or multi visa

1. Posted by brady5885 (Budding Member 59 posts) 6y

ok so i know theres threads on thai visa, i have looked but alot of the answers are conflicting.

im off to thailand and hope to stay there for 2-3 months on a tourist visa with extension, basically can i extend a single entry visa?
would i need to leave the country to take it from a 60 to a 90 day visa?
when applying for the visa do you need to send your actual passport or will a copy do?

2. Posted by vegasmike6 (Travel Guru 3562 posts) 6y

The Thai Consulate in Hull states that you can obtain a free 60 day tourist visa by paying admin. fees. Your 60 day visa can be extended another 30 days at the discretion of the Thai Imm. officials. You do not have to leave Tland for that extension. Yes, you need to send your passport to the Thai Embassy. They will glue the visa to a page in your passport.

I would e-mail or call them so that you do everything needed to obtain your tourist visa. Good luck with your planning.

3. Posted by brady5885 (Budding Member 59 posts) 6y

cheers mike, ur advise is uch appreciated!