Skip Navigation

How can I change my schengen Visa type C( tourist)

Travel Forums Europe How can I change my schengen Visa type C( tourist)

1. Posted by Lilx (First Time Poster 1 posts) 6y

Hi Guy! Help please.
Can someone plz tell me if it is possible to change my schengen type c visa(short stay) to student visa in schengen territory.
I have a schengen visa from Belguim embassy which is less than 90 days. the thing is, i will like to study in Netherland / Belguim. am originally from Ghana (West Africa).
Its expensive for me to travel back home and start the process. But since am already in this territory, i figured itz cheaper for me to physically deal with the school. Plz give me ideas of what to do and any good affordable english college/university in Belguim/ Netherland that can help with fast admission.

Post 2 was removed by a moderator
3. Posted by t_maia (Travel Guru 3289 posts) 6y

No, this is impossible. You cannot change tourist to student on a whim in Belgium. See the website of the Belgian embassy. Even people who can enter visa-free as a tourist have to apply in advance for a student visa.

4. Posted by mpprh (Full Member 114 posts) 6y

I think it very unlikely you can convert to a long stay visa from within the Schengen area.


[ Edit: Edited on 23-Nov-2010, at 00:29 by mpprh - Moderator: Sorry, no promos please. ]