Starting my trip from Alaska (specific starting point depending on shipping bike in) and taking a year to travel down to the southern tip of Chile.
I need any tips I can get and I'll start a littl' book to make a few decisions that'll shape this trip. Here goes:
1) I'm starting off about Easter time, I figure good for increasing daylight hours and I'll spend 'winter' in Central America. Sounds good?
2) Thinking of kit. I'll be hitting some altitude in the Andes but want to pack as lightly as possible without being stupid. Any tips on all terrain clothing?
3) What sights should I plan the route around? I'm more into nature than urban jungles, and love getting off the beaten track. I'll be proficient in mechanics by the time I go, so accessibility shouldn't be an issue as I'm aiming to self-sufficient for a week or two here and there (Atacama bring it on!).
4) Anyone fancy joining me? I've travelled quite a bit independently, but want to share this one for sanity and jipes reasons.
5) Any other tips are highly appreciated. I might not be on the site for a bit, but I'll still appreciate them and'll get back to you with my gratitudes.