Skip Navigation

1. Posted by shorty100 (Full Member 144 posts) 6y

You do you need a international licence to drive in Austraila? If I take my pastic UK licence will this be okay?

Claire :)

2. Posted by Jules1992 (Budding Member 7 posts) 6y

ahhh I hope this is right cus Im driving in Oz too and didnt even think about licences! haha :)

3. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4894 posts) 6y

Your UK drivers license will be ok as long as you don't become a permanent resident in Australia. (A WHV is a temporary visa, so you're safe there.) And since your license is in English, you wouldn't need an international driver's permit either way (and the "international driver's license" is considered a scam).

[ Edit: Edited on 11-Jan-2011, at 10:11 by Sander ]

4. Posted by shorty100 (Full Member 144 posts) 6y

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks :)