Skip Navigation

1. Posted by dannyd9 (Budding Member 9 posts) 6y

I have worked for a couple of months so far in Australia so i have been taxed. I was wondering when you claim it back and how to do it without hiring a company to do it for you.

2. Posted by Sam I Am (Admin 5588 posts) 6y

You can get packages at the tax offices in Australia (the one in Sydney used to be in Sydney Central Tower for example) which include basic instructions. The main thing you'll need though are all the payment slips from employers etc!

3. Posted by iluntsai (Budding Member 13 posts) 6y

I did it online when I went back to my home, Taiwan.
It's easy and don't need an agent to help. Just go to ATO website, find the "Lodging your tax return" link-->"E-tax"link, then download the software. After that, you fill in all the personal information and payment details, then go step by step. That's it.;)

4. Posted by opsandlogs (First Time Poster 1 posts) 6y

Danny - the easiest way to do your Australian Tax Returns is to do it yourself using the ATO etax software


Good luck!

[ Edit: Sorry, no promos please. ]