I'm a 27 y/o Australian male looking for people to hang out with in the United States. I'm heading over with a friend and we don't know anyone or anywhere good to drink/hang out! Below are the dates we'll be landing in each city;
25th Mar: L.A
1st Apr: Las Vegas
5th Apr: N.Y.C
12th Apr: Miami
(And possibly San Diego)
Don't be creeped out we're harmless people who just wanna chill!
If you're up for showing us around some places please reply!!!
Well, I won't necessarily be in any of thoes cities on those dates (I live near San Francisco/Monterey in northern California)--but there are lots of great places to drink in all of those cities.
Rather than list a single place or two (in towns of half a million people each--which all of these are), let me list the areas to go to in order to find good eating/drinking places
Los Angeles--go to any one of the following:
(1) Santa Monica--either by the beach or along 4th street,
(2) Westwood Area (near UCLA) on the west side of town
(3) Huntington Beach--anywhere near Main Street along the beach (the Strand)
or (4) Newport Beach--go down by the parking lot at the beach and 23rd street
Las Vegas--most any large casino bar on the Las Vegas Strip (Las Vegas Boulevard)between Caesars Palace and the MGM Hotel or go west of the freeway to the Palms or just east of the strip to the Hard Rock Cafe Hotel. (The Palms is probably the "rockinest" place of all.)
New York City--I recommend the Little Italy area for food or the jazz bars or ethnic bars (such as La Biblioteca) down around 40th street and Third Avenue (this is also just a few blocks from where I suggest people find hotels in the city).
Miami--Along the beach in the South Beach area--or else along the beach up in Fort Lauderdale. Everything in Miami is geared for the beach--and so that's where all the hot spots are.
San Diego--there are five choices here:
(1) Gaslight district (just about 5 blocks south of the downtown financial district)
(2) Shelter Island (I particularly like the Bali Hai Polynesian restaurant here--but this is mostly for atmosphere or romance)
(3) Old San Diego (great places for mexican food and great margaritas)--this is the place to go during the summer ; or
(4) La Jolla area north of town (restaurants are either on or just a short few blocks from the beach)
(5) Lastly, I should mention "Dick's Last Resort"--just a completely crazy sort of restaurant between the beach and downtown that gets lots of attention. The food is just okay, but the restaurant itself and the people that go there are kind of nuts--in a good way.
Thanks a lot! This will sure come in handy!
I'd like to ask you - what airline did you choose from Oz - USA and is it a direct non-stop flight?
If you feel dodgy about openly advertising it (I'd like the fare and date you actually fly too) openly, please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks.