Skip Navigation

Does anyone know how to find farm work?

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Does anyone know how to find farm work?

1. Posted by holmesyboy (Budding Member 8 posts) 5y

I need to do some farm work to extend my visa but i havent met anyone yet who has done it. Does anyone out there know how to get farm work and what you need to do to extend your visa?


2. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4892 posts) 5y

This page on the department of immigration website lists all the types of work which qualify as "specified work" and allow you to get a second WHV; it also links to the harvest trail website where you can find such work (though not all of it qualifies).

3. Posted by LaurenLolz (Respected Member 226 posts) 5y

Also you can google WOOF programs.

4. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 5y

You may need to fill out Form 1263 (employment verification), and submit this with your 2nd WHV application. It would be a good idea to have that with you already printed out, so you can fill it in as you go. Although other evidence the form mentions (like pay slips etc.) should be fine.

If you don't mind volunteering look at WWOOF as previously mentioned, but if you want to be paid then look elsewhere. Often youth hostels in fruit picking areas (if you choose to do that as "specified work") can help arrange work for you - you just need to check the locations of the current harvests!