Skip Navigation

Type of Visa Required for Unpaid internship in Germany

Travel Forums Europe Type of Visa Required for Unpaid internship in Germany

1. Posted by shre28491 (First Time Poster 1 posts) 5y

This is shreyas From india. I have got an opportunity to do a internship in TU-Chemnitz .It is an unpaid research internship from may 15th-july 31st 2011. I am confused about the type of visa i need to apply. Say if i apply for internship visa, the requirements page in the embassy website asks me to get a consent letter from the labour office in germany. Is that applicable for me also even though am not getting paid? Can some please educate me about the exact documents i need to carry for the visa interview as soon as possible? the Embassy website gives information only about the paid internships. Please help!:(

2. Posted by kichikacha (Respected Member 328 posts) 5y

Hi Shreyas,

I am not an expert, but I was wondering if this wouldn't fall under the category of a student visa?
I am not sure if you'll get any response on this forum. I think the best would be to contact the embassy directly.

Sorry that i couldn't help...

Good luck with it and have a good time in germany!

3. Posted by Peter (Admin 5845 posts) 5y

I'd say if there is something called an "internship" visa, then this would be the one you want, regardless of whether it is paid or not. I haven't applied for one in Germany, but I had a similar one when I first came to Australia (also unpaid).

Like kichikacha says, you should try talking to the embassy. They always have the most accurate information.

Posts 4 & 5 were removed by moderators