Skip Navigation

Facing a bit complications appling for Schengen Visa

Travel Forums Europe Facing a bit complications appling for Schengen Visa

Last Post This thread is marked as being about Overseas Territories (France)
1. Posted by Sunmeed (Budding Member 2 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Hello everyone.

I am Sunmeed, age 21, from Bangladesh. I am willing to apply for Schengen tourist visa for a month, but I am facing some problems.
I have completed my O levels from an International School of Bangladesh Dhaka, then joined Holborn college in London for Business Foundation course. I didn't complete the course there, didn't like the teaching style of that college and came back to Bangladesh on 7th June 2010.

After a while I applied in Newcastle college, UK for the same course and got offer from there. My class is going to start on 12th September 2011. In the mean time, i was thinking of a holiday, since i have enough time left.

Now my problem is, since I am a student, I am told to show my school/ college leaving permission. But I don't have any, because right now I don't study anything. What should I show while applying the VISA? I have collected all other necessary papers I was told to show. here's the list in the below :

  • Passport
  • Travel Health Insurance
  • Bank Statement of last 8 months
  • invitation letter from a family friend
  • Certificates of Ielts and O Levels
  • Guardian permission letter
  • Airlines Confirmation
  • application form.
  • Birth certificate

Do I need anything else?

I also heard its a bit tough to get a Schengen visa for alone student. Is that true? I am very worried about that, because I won't be able to go for holiday once I join the College.
Please kindly anyone let me know, what would be better for me. I don't want to get black-listed once i applied for the Visa. Is there any possibility to get the Schengen Visa with these documents or I'll be rejected? :(

Thank you!

2. Posted by draravi1 (Budding Member 10 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Just apply with whatever documents you have. the main things to have are return flight ticket, accommodation proof for the duration of stay and enough money in the bank for 1 month living expenses in schengen territory and travel health insurance.

3. Posted by Sunmeed (Budding Member 2 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

yeah already have all of them you just mentioned. But still worried about the Student Permission letter from any Uni/college, since i am not studying anything at this moment. Embassys are unpredictable, if they reject for that reason, everything will be worthless.
Anyways, I will apply tomorrow morning, hopefully. Thanks a lot! :)

[ Edit: Edited on 04-May-2011, at 15:16 by Sunmeed ]

Post 4 was removed by a moderator

Useful Overseas Territories (France) content