Skip Navigation

Need Help with Cruise into Mexico!

Travel Forums North America Need Help with Cruise into Mexico!

1. Posted by hza (Budding Member 2 posts) 13y

This thread is marked as being about Mexico

My Fiance and I are taking a cruise for our honeymoon with various day stops in Mexico (Cancun, Cozumel, etc.). She's a U.S. Citizen, but i'm a U.S. Resident Alien.

I came to the U.S. as a refugee, so I don't necessarilly have any proof of citizenship with my birth country (vietnam).

I appears all I need to be admitted back into the U.S. is my Green Card and a valid government I.D., but what are my options in visiting some of the day excursions in Mexico (i.e. proper paperwork for admittance into Mexico).

I appreciate anyone's help on this matter!


2. Posted by marianojf (Budding Member 6 posts) 13y

With government stuff of this kind, you shouldn't trust any answer but official ones. Your best option is to check in a Mexican embassy or consulate if you need anything special. With a U.S. passport you should be able to enter Mexico as a tourist but don't trust me, go to nearest mexican consulate instead and avoid problems in your honeymoon.

Congratulations and have a nice trip.

3. Posted by hza (Budding Member 2 posts) 13y

Marian, thank you!