1. A turquoise silk "chinese" robe that I got in Italy
2. A leather journal from Venice
3. A really cool painting that I bought from a Slovenian artist in Llubjana
4. A silver toe-ring from San Fransisco
5. A garnet ring and bracelet from Prague
6. A weird multicoloured bottle that I brought home from Napa Valley
What are yours?
My four Nijntje toys from Den Haag (and other Nijntje memorabilia from other places in Holland)
Ajax stuff from Amsterdam
A bottle of marimo from Hokkaido
A yukata from Tokyo
A few years ago I travelled to Kazakhstan with a local charity to record a radio doc. about the country's orphanage. While there we were recieved by local government and presented with personalised inscribed books of Kazak culture. I know its something the grandkids are going to see.
I lived in Claxton Grove, Barons Court, London for about 3 years.
I have the street sign, about 3 foot by 1 foot, made of steel, in the backyard of my house in Sydney to prove it!
My collection of shot glasses! Every time I go someplace I get one. My friends have also taken to getting me one whenever they go on a trip, so I'm building quite a collection....
[*]a painting of the Trevi fountain by a local artist in Roma
[*]a 2 foot wooden love statue by an artist in Dahab.
[*]a silver and black waterpipe from Cairo
[*]perfume bottles also from Cairo
[*]a shawl handwoven by a blind lady in Siwa ( we watched her make it over a few days...)
[*]concert tickets from Carmina Burana in the Rudolinum in Prague
[*]''flirt'' t shirt from New york...
theres loads more but I would be here all day ...
1. many hand printed papiruses from Cairo
2. hand painted batik from Thailand on a sea world theme - hanged on the wall looks like an aquarium
3. flat wooden sculptures from Burma and Thailand
4. beewax hand rolled decorative candles from Prague
When I first went to Amsterdam I bought a fottball shirt and have carried this on everywhere I've been since. Got one from Sparta Prague, Paris St Germain, Barcelona and more.
Suppose the nicest thing I got was a pencil sketch of the square in Brussels. Cost a fortune but looks great in the Dining Room.
Hi all, i'm obsessed with collecting fridge magnets -i have one from every place ive visited - my reason is when i go to my fridge all my happy travel memories comes floating back to me. Once i went skiing in France & was unable to find a fridge magnet in the resort - came back to London very upset!