Here is the next installment of the Travel Unravelled Q&A series. The rules of the game can be found under the question itself. We invite all to participate and really look forward to the replies. There is no better way to make a traveler a more informed one than contributing helpful information.
How do you 'handle' the holidays?
Many of TP's members are traveling during various holidays, whether it be Christmas, Easter, Chanukah, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, or those of several other beliefs. Regardless of your religious affiliations (or non-affiliations), I want to know how you personally deal with being 'on the road' during these important celebratory times. Are you happy to be away? Does it make you 'homesick'? Do you enjoy learning about other culture's rituals? Do you go home for ones you deem important? (I know how I handle them - poorly as I'd rather be on a nice sunny beach with a wiki-wiki drink in my hand - but that's just me.)
- There is no time limit in receiving responses.
- Answers can be posted in the thread or be sent as a PM to Foundation.
- All non-relevant comments will just be deleted from the thread.
- Once an adequate number of replies have been posted to create an informative blog entry, the thread will be 'unsticked' but remain open to comment.
- As each Q&A thread is 'unstickied' it will move down the forum list and onto the back pages. Because of this, once a blog entry has been created, a link to the blog entry (with short description) will be place in the (stickied) Travel Unravelled Q&A Sessions Unleashed thread in General Talk, which is right here! You'll be able to click the links, see yours and everyone else's responses. As time goes, we may add links to other pertinent blogs and threads.
Thank you in advance for your participation!
- By responding to any Q&A question, you are giving Foundation (aka Isadora) and Travel Unravelled permission to reproduce your reply in the TU Blog area.
- All participants will have their contributions linked back to their TP Profile or personal blog (if hosted by TP).
- Each published Q&A blog entry will create a $5.00 donation for the Travellerspoint Foundation and used to make loans at Kiva.org.
For more information about the TP Foundation, please visit: OUR TWO CENTS WORTH... (Give Us Your Money Good Will Around The World Project).