Skip Navigation

Visa Application

Travel Forums Europe Visa Application

1. Posted by 3rljayn (First Time Poster 1 posts) 4y

I am a filipina, married to an EU citizen. We get married 3 months ago in Hong Kong where i was working before but now I'm in Philippines to process my visa to go next to him,what should I write on the Schengen visa for current occupation,should I write unemployed?. Should I get an invitation letter and travel insurance? but my passport I'm using is still my maidens name what would be the effect of that on my application?
Many Thanks

2. Posted by BabblingBrooke (Budding Member 4 posts) 4y

Yes you should definitely get travel insurance!! You need to get a new passport with your new last name as well. If you are currently unemployed, then that is what you should write on your Schengen visa, or write "homemaker" or something of the sorts. :) GOOD LUCK!

3. Posted by Henry Columna (Budding Member 5 posts) 4y

Hi 3rljayn, good morning. Kindly advise the nationality of your husband to enable to give you the required Schengen visa requirements. Initial documents required as follows: original copy of Marriage from National Statistic Office (NSO or normally called Census); photos of your wedding cerenomy or photos together with your husband. With due respect to you BabblingBrooke, if your will procure resident visa...3rljayn. you need not to buy travel insurance as does not require you. Travel Insurance is required only for touristic or business trip only.

N.B. If your passport is still valid (6 months prior departure); no need to change your or file another passport yet. Census Marriage Cert will suffice for holding a passport bearing your surname.


4. Posted by BabblingBrooke (Budding Member 4 posts) 4y

Sorry, the student resident visa requires you to prove you have travel insurance for AT so I assumed it was the same. Regardless, insurance is always good to have :) better safe than sorry as long as it isn't too much of a time or financial burden.

5. Posted by Henry Columna (Budding Member 5 posts) 4y

BablingBrooke, Indeed you have a good and sound advice because Travel Insurance is quite important when you travel; this gives you peace of mind whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. In the case of 3rljayn, I guess having Life Insurance and the like may suffice safety and coverage it will provide to someone.


Post 6 was removed by a moderator