Skip Navigation


Travel Forums General Talk VISA HELP PLEASE!

1. Posted by kaylaperez (Budding Member 13 posts) 5y Star this if you like it!


So I'm currently in Cambodia taking my TESOL course and I finish the course in Thailand. As of now I've heard the ONLY way I can work in Thailand is if I have a bachelors degree (which I don't have) Even if I take a non teaching job does this still apply?

If that doesn't work out I was thinking Bali, French Polynesia, or Australia...anyone know if this Work Visa applies to all??

Thank you and Safe travels!


2. Posted by Niels1303 (Full Member 131 posts) 5y Star this if you like it!

I´m afraid most countries only issue work visa to teachers who have a bachelor degree. Although sometimes an associate degree with some years of teaching experience also fullfil the mandatory criteria. If this doesn´t work either, you could also apply for a work and travel visa in Australia (as long as you are younger than 30 years old) that would allow you to stay and work there up to a whole year.

3. Posted by YorkieGirl (Budding Member 58 posts) 5y Star this if you like it!

If a year is too long in austrlaia there is a 6 months working visa you can apply for, and if a year is too short you can apply for a second year after the first year but i think its stricter with the second year.

What ever you choose, good luck.