Skip Navigation


Travel Forums North America VISAS...

1. Posted by cara.t (Budding Member 2 posts) 4y


Im about to travel to America for 3 months but i am unsure of which visa i will need to have.. I thought I would just need to fill out the waiver form on the plane for the 90 days i was intending to stay but since researching this I have read that I can stay for a period of 3-6 months as a tourist?? and then also that infact it is a 90 day only visa but if i apply for an ESTA? I am a British Citizen with a passport issued in 2004..
I live in Rome right now and will be traveling from Italy to America.. I’m also wondering if i need to go back to the uk to have my visa issued?


2. Posted by talesbackpack (Full Member 117 posts) 4y

For stays longer than 90 days you require a visa to travel to the United States. Stays of less than 90 days you will likely qualify for the Visa Waiver Program.

Check out the US Embassy's handy online Visa Wizard. It should answer your questions.

3. Posted by cara.t (Budding Member 2 posts) 4y

Thankyou for your help.

4. Posted by Eileentmar (First Time Poster 1 posts) 4y


Its nice information i want to going America for studies so how your prosidure can you give some idea please