I love to travel but at this point I am pretty curious about the thoughts and preferences of other travellers. I would like to know what you guys think of the following questions.
1. Would you prefer to travel free and easy or in group tours?
2. What are the types of itinerary you will be interested in? For instance, one that has more visits to historical places, or nature reserves? Or is it the local experience that you are interested in?
3. Do you normally have a planned itinerary or just wander around when you arrive in the country?
Thanks for your help!
1. I do both. Sometimes I would just rather let someone else deal with all the logisitics and sometimes the thought of dealing with a group sends me screaming for the hills. I find group tours to be more efficient, but independent travel definitely has its perks as well. With group tours you're travelling on somebody elses schedule, so you give up flexibility and freedom.
2. I prefer historical and natural sites. I'm a bit of a misanthrope and find it exhausting to deal with a lot of people. I prefer to observe people and cultures rather than interact with them. Find me a mountaintop with no other people in sight and I'm in heaven.
3. Bit of both. I'll have a rough itinerary in place, but the specifics I make up as I go along.
1. We love the travelling freedom! But it is nice to meet people along the way and travel together for certain parts of the trip.
2. Nature and scenery, you just can't beat it, although some degree of history is both interesting and educating and adds to the whole travel experience. It helps you get to know a place better and appreciate its heritage.
3. We draw up a basic itinerary and allow extra days in case we enjoy somewhere immensely and want to stay a little longer, something unfortunate happens and we get stuck somewhere or we discover new places we didn't know about and decide to explore more of the unknown.
Ahhhh, the travel bug gets the blood pumping and the mind pondering.
1.) Always independently, never in a tour group.
2.) Mixture off all three... love historic/nature but am also always on the look-out for the local bar with zero tourists too.
3.) Almost always have a roughly planned itinerary - that's of course subject to being thrown out the window at any moment.