Skip Navigation

Australia for a year Solo. Leaving May 2013

Travel Forums Travel Companions Australia for a year Solo. Leaving May 2013

1. Posted by Jes2314 (Budding Member 2 posts) 4y

I'm graduating from college next May and looking to take a year off before Law School. I'm thinking about doing the BUNAC program so I can work/travel throughout Australia. I'm looking to go to Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, etc. (all the cool places) and was wondering if there was anyone doing the same thing??? And does anyone have an opinion on BUNAC or is also thinking of using them as well????

[ Edit: Edited on 31-Jul-2012, at 16:02 by Jes2314 ]

2. Posted by Jes2314 (Budding Member 2 posts) 4y

Apologies for the mispelling

3. Posted by Peter (Admin 5938 posts) 4y

No problem Jes - the post was automatically flagged when you created a new duplicate one. I'll fix up the title for you.

4. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 4y

After checking your profile, I notice you're from the US - which means its the Work & Holiday visa you would be looking at (that link is direct to the info on the official immigration website of Australia). You can apply for that visa yourself, or you can go through a program such as BUNAC offers - its up to you.

BUNAC is owned by STA Travel nowadays. What I would advise you to do is investigate your options, so look into pluses and minuses of either going through BUNAC or do it yourself, and work out if any additional costs are worth what you get. Some people will think it is, others won't.