Skip Navigation

I want to go back!!

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific I want to go back!!

1. Posted by cleanboy (Budding Member 58 posts) 4y

So I have already done 2 years in Australia and one year in New Zealand...I have been living back in england for more than a year now and HATE IT! I cant stop thinking about travelling and have thought about it every day since being back...EVERY DAY!!

I was wondering of any of you know of any loop holes or anything like that that will let me go back to either OZ or NZ for at least another year...ill worry about what I'm doing after that haha...I hold a German passport though...

The worst part is...I was thinking about applying for the Canadian working holiday visa but I have to have been living in the UK for at least 3 years consecutively or something so I cant even apply for that!!


I was thinking about bumming around Asia for a year or 2 which can be cheap but I wanna do it LONG any advice on making a living and travelling there would be very helpful aswell...



2. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4890 posts) 4y

You say you hold a German passport, but your profile says you're a UK citizen? If your profile is correct, then Bunac has a WHV for New Zealand which is completely separate from the regular WHV (and can even be applied to up to age 35). It's a bit more costly than the regular thing since it goes through Bunac, but it's not too outrageous.
IEP Work Exchange Visa.

3. Posted by cleanboy (Budding Member 58 posts) 4y

Yeah I'm aware of that but like I said...German passport holder so no dice...I just live in the UK I dont think I'm a citizen officially or anything...

4. Posted by Dodger (Inactive 875 posts) 4y

Partly depends on what you do for a living now, but getting a business to sponsor you in New Zealand is still a relatively easy process. They loose so many of their citizens to Australia that they are always open to skilled immigration.

5. Posted by Peter (Admin 5844 posts) 4y

Not really ideal, but you could just travel south east asia and visit Australia/NZ for 3 months at a time as a regular tourist.

But if you want to stay long-term, you really need to look at a skilled migrant visa.

6. Posted by cleanboy (Budding Member 58 posts) 4y

Yeah I think the SE Asia thing is looking more and more likely...although @Dodger...when you say its easy to get skilled migration to easy?? haha...easier than Oz? I guess that is something I would consider going for...