Skip Navigation


Travel Forums Europe VISA

1. Posted by Malika0439 (Budding Member 3 posts) 4y


I came to Holland for 5 months in September. I got a visa from the embassy that says: type of Visa- D. MULT. and duration of stay : XXX.
So what does this XXX mean? does it mean that i can travel to Shengen countries only within 3 months?

2. Posted by Cyberia (Travel Guru 1834 posts) 4y

A long stay D type visa is usually issued to people who work, go to university or whatever in Europe and allows longer stays.

XXX means no compulsory leave date.

It is the short stay C visa which allows just 90 days stay in a 180 day period.

Post 3 was removed by a moderator
4. Posted by Malika0439 (Budding Member 3 posts) 4y

ok, thanks a lot!!!!:)

5. Posted by Utrecht (Moderator 5597 posts) 4y

I really don't know much about the ite, but check schengen visa article here on TP. There is some information about D type visa, hope it is still up to date.
If so, there is nothing about a XXX duration of stay.
Just check things double to be sure.

6. Posted by Malika0439 (Budding Member 3 posts) 4y

i checked it out! seems no problem in travelling to other countries. Thanks! :)