I am planning a trip to Jamaica for february of 2014. As I don't know anyone who has personally travelled there it'd be great for some tips. So, here are a few questions...
- For a 13 day trip how much money would be recommended to take for food, transport and activities?
- What are some cheap backpackers or home stay places in Ochos, Negril, Montego and Port Antonio?
- What is the best and cheapest way to get from place to place?
- What are some good tours and how much do tours roughly cost?
- How long would would be recommended to stay in each place listed above?
- Where are the best parties/clubs?
- Are there any particular safety tips for transport, going out, tours and hiking etc
Just want a pretty general idea of what to expect, do and prepare for. My friend and I were estimating to take roughly $2000 for accommodation, tours, food, transport and spending. Would this be doable for 12/13 days?
This thread has been moved to the Central/South America & The Caribbean forum. Go to the new Travelling tips on Jamaica thread.