I'm searching for some inspiration really. My boyfriend and I (23 years old) are looking to go away in Europe in June 2013 for a week. Last year we went to Dubrovnik, Croatia and loved it, so ideally if anyone knows of a similar destination, that would be really helpful. To give you some pointers on our tastes:
- Sunny weather is a must.
- We don't want to hire a car, so having lots to do in a walk-able area or good public transport (up to an hour from accommodation to sightseeing/beaches) would be ideal.
- Easy to get to from London airports.
- We like to spend some time at the beach, but also like to experience the culture and do some other activities (which is why Dubrovnik, with its beaches, museums, markets, boat trips, cable car, watersports, festivals, cafes, restaurants etc was ideal).
- Not too expensive- I'm still a student and my boyfriend is in his first year of work, so manageable living costs would be good. We're planning to book an apartment and self cater somewhat to cut costs.
- We're not fans of crazy nightlife/ lots of crowds, so somewhere quieter would be good. We got round the busy times of Dubrovnik by getting an apartment outside of the old town and looking at the cruise ship timetables, and would be happy to do something similar elsewhere.
- We both like learning languages, so it doesn't have to be somewhere where everyone has a good grasp of English. We both speak French, I speak some Spanish (I'm a bit rusty!) and my boyfriend speaks some German.
Many thanks to anyone who can give me some suggestions!